Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to new project

       With the filming and editing of the commercial complete, we now start a new project. However before we start talking about that it's best to review our previous project. For the filming of the commercial I was quite limited because the shooting was done on campus along with everything else that went wrong. Although now that the new project is off campus I have a lot more creative liberty. Also the process of transferring data was an unexpected hurdle, but now that I'm used to it it should go a lot more smoothly. Then when I finally came across to editing I was unfamiliar with the software. Although now that I have developed somewhat familiar it should allow me to edit much more fluidly.
      For the new project we are filming a music video. With this project I will be able to go through each of the processes more expertly. With the experience from the filming of the commercial I have more know how. I haven't completely decided what my song will be, but I have some ideas. My top three choices are  Creeps by Mini Mansions which is a well produced rock song. Candy says by The Velvet Underground which is a mellow rock song. And my third option is a little broad which is just choosing a song by The Strokes or Arctic Monkeys. I'm not really sure there are certain conventions of the genre, but I know there are usually instruments in the videos. Camera angles and shots I will be using are close ups, medium shots, and tracking shots. There won't be much sound beside the actual music, but I might use ambient and non-digetic sound. When filming I will try to make it so that I won't have to work to hard while editing.

1. Costumes for the music video will most likely be normal clothes. I might want to use button up shirts with blazers.
2. Lighting will probably be indoors and low. I might not be able to control this depending on location.
3. Angles I will be using are close ups and tracking shots. I will only use two actors for the music video.
4. Makeup is something I probably won't use. However, I might use it to make the actor look scuffed up.
5. Props I will be using would probably be musical instruments. This means I will have to take guitars to location.
6. Setting of the filming will probably be inside a building. The building will have lots of hallways and corridors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment