Friday, November 22, 2019

Storyboard Blog


     Now that the planning is done we can move on to story boarding. While story boarding we get to illustrate the vision of what the music video will be. The story board is just an outline for the music video. This allows for flexibility when filming. For my music video what I envisioned was fairly simple. There would be an opening shot of railroad tracks. This would fade into the next shot of the actor leaning on a wall. The actor then turns his head toward the camera looking off behind it. The actor then begins to walk down the corridor he finds himself in. As he is walking the camera follows him. He then turns around a corner continuing to walk down the hall. The camera switches view and start to film him at his side.
     I will film more shots of him walking down corridors as the camera tracks him. Once I have filmed an adequate amount of footage on that I will transition to the end. The actor will find himself at an intersection. When he is there he turns his head in both directions looking down the various paths. The actor then sees doors leading to the exit. He dashes down the hall while reaching for the doors. When he reaches the door it turns out to be a wall. As the actor realizes this he turns around. He then faces the camera with a dissatisfied expression. The camera then begins to move away and fades to the shot of the train tracks and ends.
When drawing the storyboard there were some CLAMPS I tried illustrating. The costume I drew on the actor was jeans, a white shirt, and a button up shirt over that. The lighting won't really be my choice. This is because I will be filming in a complex with fluorescent lights. The only actor I drew was me, but my brother might also help me on the project. I didn't draw any make up because I won't be using any. I didn't draw any props, but I may be using guitars as props. The setting will probably be in a building with storage units. I have not decided all the camera angles, movements, and shots I will be using, but I know I will be using a tracking shot for most of the music video. I don't know what I will be doing during the editing process and what sounds I will add other than the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment