Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Blog

      Hello, I have alot of information to share with you today. Today in class we learned our procedure for checking out a camera and how to edit. The important information being on how to edit. To edit the footage I have taken with the camera I must first log onto a computer and create a file. Once there I have to access the footage from the camera by putting the SD card into an SD card reader and plugging that into the computer. After that I can access the SD card footage by clicking onto its folder. Once there I have to dump the footage into the folder I created on the desktop. This is when I get to go click onto the editing software will be using. The software were using is pinnacle studio. This is where all the editing for my movie, music video, and commercial will happen.
     Once in pinnacle studio I have to import all the footage into the software. I do this by clicking import and waiting for it to load. After I finish my editing I save my progress onto a file on the desktop or a thumb drive. Once I finish whatever project I'm working on completely I have to export the film into another file and save it. These are pretty much all the steps I need to carry out during the editing process. Knowing this is important for all my endeavors in this class. It is also very helpful to have all this information documented here. So if I ever need to remind myself I can find it in one of my blogs.
     Having this experience in editing is a good thing to have. It will give me insight when I'm in the filming process. Things like where and how do I shoot this will come into mind. It also comforts me to know what the next stage to come will be like. Editing is just as important as filming. I think having worked on both filming and editing will give me great insight on the process that goes into film making. Overall it will be a great experience to have. That finishes up my blog, thank you for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment