Friday, October 25, 2019

Film process blog

        Last class we filmed our commercial. Although It was very tumultuous, I enjoyed the experience. I ran into many hiccups along the way. However, I still think I was successful in getting the shots I needed. First I'll explain the problems I've had. When I first went to get my equipment it turned out my cameras battery was dead. When I went to get another camera it's battery was also dead. This happened a couple more times before my teachers told me there was a student with an extra camera in the field. So I went out onto the track field to retrieve the camera with my teachers. When I finally had all my equipment and started shooting, halfway through my camera's battery died. So I had to change to a location where there was an outlet and I could charge the camera.
         Due to the change in location I had to depart from my original plans in my storyboard. I ended up filming many shots of different styles. I wasn't really familiar with my equipment either so that took some time getting used to. I was doing the commercial by myself. This gave me some restrictions. However, I was able to work around this. I took any shots in need of an actor using the tripod and having the camera stationary. My commercial is one for a water bottle. This allowed me to take most of the shots myself. Once I somewhat had the hang of the equipment I felt a lot more comfortable.
        I think the shots I was able to take came out very good. The equipment doesn't seem to complicated. With a little more use I should be somewhat adept. Once I finished shooting I went back to my class to dump my film. Once again I ran into some minor issues. I had to find a computer that was not in use. I then had to get the SD card and SD card reader to work. Once I had the computer up and running I was a little confused on where I was supposed to go. After I figured it out I put my data onto my USB drive, this took awhile. I would say my experience was fairly good and enjoyable, and gave me many insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment