Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the commercial

      Today the class worked on editing the commercial. Well, I attempted to work on the commercial. All working computers were occupied by others. The computer I tried to use first did not have internet. The main problem was I could not login. So I got off and went back to my seat. I then tried to write some ideas for editing while I was waiting for a vacant computer. When a group left their computer I got up and logged in. I was successful, but it turned out I needed an administration password for pinnacle studios. It was probably why the previous group left the computer.
       Since I couldn't gain access to a computer, it would seem like a good time to blog. It also seems like a good idea to brainstorm on how I would edit my existing footage together. During the filming process I took footage that could be put in any order really to be coherent. This gives me a lot of liberty during editing. I'll create a narrative using a voiceover. I'll also describe what's happening during the scene. For example there is a shot where I'm picking up a water bottle. The voiceover would be saying, "Dasani, great for when you're on the go". Also, since I'm working alone I have full creative liberty. While editing I'll have to add background music behind the footage.
      When filming there was not any dialogue so adding audio in the editing process is very important. It is really exciting to get my hands on editing software. I know once I familiarize myself with it I'll be more comfortable with future projects. It is somewhat disappointing I couldn't get on to pinnacle studios today. The editing process shouldn't take to long for me to complete. It should only take me one class period to do the commercial. Since I have a general idea of what I will say for every piece of footage I'm prepared to start editing. While editing I'll have to utilize the conventions of water bottle commercials I talked about in my previous blog. Compared to other footage I see groups editing, my footage seems a bit lackluster. However, compared to other water bottle commercials it seems fairly standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment