Sunday, January 26, 2020

Genre Research: Avatar

     The third film I'm analyzing is Avatar. This is the first film I'm analyzing that doesn't have previous titles. The first category I'm analyzing is camera angles, movements, and shots. Common angles and shots include aerial and establishing shots. This is because the camera would often be filming these vast landscapes. The most common movements were pans. This would happen when the camera panned across these expansive locations.
     Secondly, I'm going to analyze Mis-en-scene. There weren't that many memorable costumes. Most of the movie was CGI. Although, the lighting was quite memorable. Most of the film had bright daylight. The main actors in the film were relatively few. Most of them were pretty much also unknown to me. Since most of the film was CGI, makeup isn't much to talk about. There also weren't too many many memorable props.
     The common sound of the film was non-diegetic. This is because most of the sound had to be added since it was a CGI film. Common editing used was cross-cutting and jump cuts. This is because there was a lot of information that needed to be established. Elements of the adventure genre that were in the film were world-building. The element I liked was the bright expansive world. The elements I disliked was the exposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment