Saturday, January 18, 2020

Start of Final Task

     Hello, I am a student for an AICE media studies class. I have already completed two projects in the class. I have enjoyed making both projects and seeing the final products. I enjoy watching films as much as anybody else. However, making the films has been a very fun process for me. Now whenever I watch something online or on T.V. I can recognise the different angles and shots. The whole class has been a very enriching experience for me. It has also been very insightful for me as well. Knowing even a sliver of the film making process is a very enlightening experience. I plan to use all that I've learned on my final project.

      Before making anything I was taught the different kinds of shots and angles in a film. After that I was taught different techniques used while editing. Once we finished learning that, we were ready to start our first project. This was obviously after a couple of tutorials on the camera an the software. My first project was to create a commercial for a product. This project introduced me to the procedure it takes to make a film in this class. The main tasks were the filming and editing. After that my next project was to create a music video. The production of the music video is what really polished my skills. I was able to discover ways in which I could incorporate different angles and shots in my film. I was also able to play around with the editing software and figure out what I could do with it.
     A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually with one sentence. My first pitch: The film starts with two guys in a car having witty dialogue as we follow them somewhere. One of the guys is older and has more of a monologue. The camera points in different kinds of angles in the car which shows the credits.
My second pitch: The camera follows a guy as he looks for something and he goes to all these different kinds of places and the camera gets a lot of different shots and angles, it ends with him finding that thing.
My third pitch: a simple horror movie progression.

Group members- Myself


No comments:

Post a Comment